Beagles are quite popular for their cute face and big brown or hazel colored eyes. They are extremely lovable and happy breed of dogs and perfect for companionship. They have an inquisitive nature and are very clever hounds.
Beagles have a lot of stamina, and they should be provided with lots of exercises. They are not apartment fit dogs. Instead, they belong to the houses which have a good backyard where they can run around. Beagles are originally hunting dogs, and they require multiple walks in a day along with running sessions.
What is their personality like?
Beagles are incredibly energetic and always up for playtime. They are intelligent and also affectionate. They are ideal for adoption by a family with kids because of their friendly nature and ease of grooming.
Beagles love to indulge in activities, and they always enjoy the outdoors.
Beagles are known to be very friendly and gentle in their nature.
- They are never too aggressive and are neither timid.
- They are of a medium size, but they have lots of stamina and energy.
- They get along very well with other dogs, and they always look for companionship.
- Beagles love to put their nose to work and hence they are always eager to go outdoors.
- They have a high-pitched voice and howl a lot. This can make them good watchdogs with proper training.
- They are quite smart and focused dogs
- Beagles tend to have anxiety attacks, and in that state, they would likely destroy anything chewable around them.
Things you should know as the owner
- A beagle's personality and temperament should be understood, and its best qualities should be polished upon by you.This involves a proper routine of adequate exercise, proper training and a healthy diet.
- A beagle's temperament depends on what kind of family he has been adopted in and the surrounding he has to adjust to. The first three months are crucial as the framework of what your beagle's personality is going to be is laid down during this period.
- Beagles should be trained from the very early stage itself because they tend to become stubborn as they grow into adult dogs. Training as a puppy will help it in understanding the commands and having a strong relationship with you.
Nonetheless, a beagle is a great dog to adopt in your family. They can prove to be the perfect companion you have been looking for.
Tip: For some cool beagle print products, check our unique Beagle collection.
Image courtesy: https://pixabay.com/photos/beagle-dog-pet-puppy-canine-449143/