A happy home dog, Pugs, are super friendly and amicably comfortable to bring home. They can be your regular companions, caring and loving.
They are preferred all over the world because of their sweet and fuss-free attitude. The cute gestures and baby-like approach is what makes them a favorite. All who have pets at home or wants to keep one, know that pets have a very short span of life, unlike humans.
We totally shudder at the thought of them leaving us. We become so close in such a short period that they make us forget all the agonies of life once they are around us.
These little bundles of joy become our sole companions as they understand humans like no other.
What are the factors that decide their lifespan?
Normally the genes are responsible for the number of years that a pug is going to survive for. But there are certain aspects more to that as well.
- They are supposed to live for 12-15 years on an average.
- Often diseases like cancer, congenital diseases, infections, neurological disorders can affect the lifetime of a dog.
- Normal skin infections may appear on the pet, but they are curable.
- There are specific points which when followed can reduce the risk of death in them as well. They are as follows:
- Choosing high-quality food is important
- Providing home food will not only keep them fit but also make them live a longer and healthier life.
- A well-groomed dog will any day survive longer than its breed members will. Regular checkups too help them sustain a better life.
What is the cost of buying a pug?
Pugs are lovely and easy to keep once they are home. However, to get them home is a significant task and may cost you a rock.
They are not as affordable as other breeds of little dogs. They will cost you quite a lot. So, if you are planning to buy one, this is another aspect that you must keep in mind before taking the plunge.
It all depends upon the breeder though. The amount of money the breeder has spent in the pug’s vaccinations and checkups will add up to your expenses as well. However, if you are buying one from the rescue center, they will give you one for free.
Reconsider the aspects and get a lovely little one home. You will not regret your decision for sure!
Tip: For some cool pug print products, check our unique pug collection.
Image courtesy: https://picryl.com/media/pug-dog-lap-dog-animals-6735c8