A dog is known for its loyalty and companionship. Any dog if given proper care and love, will prove their loyalty for the family.
Comparing two dogs is not easy but here are a few points of difference between an Australian shepherd and a beagle.
- A beagle is a small sized dog and usually has a height of 13 to 15 inches.
- Their built is solid, and their physique is sturdy.
- Their recognizable face feature is their low houndy ears and their broadhead.
- They are intelligent and smart.
- They love being in a company and are always looking for companionship.
- A beagle might be lemon colored, red and white colored or of tricolor.
- They have an appearance similar to that of a border collie.
- They are medium-sized dogs about 20 to 23 inches in height, covered with a medium length coat.
- They come in the following colors - blue, blue merle, black and red merle.
- They have droopy ears and bobbed tails.
- They belong to the herding breed of dogs.
Energy Level of the Dogs
Australian Shepherd dogs have higher levels of energy. They are always alert in their duty of being a guard dog or a herding dog, and they are always active.
The Beagles are energetic and have the stamina, but they are not as active as an Australian Shepherd.
Beagles are low maintenance dogs because of their extremely small sized hair. They do not need regular grooming sessions. But once in a while beagles should be taken to the grooming center in order to get all cleaned up and sparkly!
Australian Shepherds, on the other hand, need routine grooming sessions because of their medium length coats. These dogs have a tendency to shed hair all year long, especially during the Spring season.
An Australian Shepherd can have the maximum life span of 15 years. Their health usually starts deteriorating as they enter the age of 12.A beagle comparatively has a longer life span, and they can live up to 16 to 17 years of age.
Ease of Training
Australian Shepherds are very easy to train. They are intelligent dogs and can pick up on instructions very quickly.
Beagles can be stubborn when it comes to learning. Teaching them orders is a bit difficult.Every dog is looking for a good family. Get the dog you think is best suited for your family.
Tip: For some cool Boxer print products, check our unique Australian Shepherd collection.
Image courtesy: https://pixabay.com/photos/dog-australian-shepherd-attention-2743705/