German shepherds are very stout and strong dogs that make fantastic family pets. They are very alert and flexible. They need a good dose of exercise every day, and that makes them retain their energies and stamina and jump into action whenever required.
These dogs are trustworthy and loyal, and you can easily feel safe with them being around.
Do the German shepherds naturally protect their owners?
Well, the answer to this question will forever be a yes. They are wonderful pets that are always ready to leap to help whenever they feel their owners, or a family member is in trouble.
- They are ferocious yet very loyal to their masters. They are up for anything and everything if the situation demands.
- They are normally composed and reserved even while being great enthusiasts and bubbling with energy. They often prefer to be left alone stay aloof from all sorts of cuddling and hugging.
- This does not mean they are not friendly. They are great with the kids and an absolute pleasure to be left around a kid or an infant. They bond really well and protect them with all their might.
- The German shepherds are intelligent dogs and they are better not provoked to anger. Then they are irrevocable, and the consequences can be hazardous and even fatal for the victim. They are not moody, but the wrong provocations may lead to something dangerous, and they are often more aggressive compared to even pitbulls.
- They have the tendencies to rip anything apart if they are angry and irritated. And you’ll better pray it’s not a human.
- They make amazing pets, and you will feel absolutely safe worth your dog around. They will gain your trust in no time and will guard the house like their own.
- They were originally bred to be sheepdogs, protecting and guarding the flock being their natural job. Therefore, the protecting and caring part comes in them naturally, as it is imbibed in their lineage since eternity.
- They are just perfect for this job, and you will never have a moment of doubt of safety with them being around.
Great companions as they already are, they have their own space and privacy as well. Responsibility and duty come naturally to them, and nothing can deter them from making you feel protected and secure.
Get a GSD home, and you will never regret the decision ever, confiding in your savior, guarding you all the time.
Tip: For some cool German Shepherd print products, check our unique German Shepherd collection.
Image courtesy: https://www.defense.gov/observe/photo-gallery/igphoto/2001095134/