House training is not at all an easy task, especially when it comes to a German Shepherd. However, it's not that tough too. You just need to understand your dog's behavior and know the basic training tips. Here we mention what you should teach your dog and how you can do that.
Let's know what all you need to teach your German puppy
- Teach him to ask for permissions. If the training is right, the puppy will learn to look at you for permission before running after another dog and eating something. Wouldn't it be great?
- Make him stop jumping.
- Potty train your puppy.
- Teach him not to chew anything and everything.
- Stop the puppy from pulling on the leash.
These are just the essential puppy training contents that you need to ensure your puppy has learned. This would make him a better family member and your best friend.
German Shepherd Training Tips
- Start training your shepherd puppy when he's 8 months old. Like a human baby, they also have a tendency to learn things quickly when they're growing.
- Start off with short and simple commands like "sit", "go", "run", etc. These commands are easy to understand, and your puppy will learn it with time.
- Socialize your puppy. This is very important to teach discipline and respect to the puppy. You can take him out with you or enroll him in a puppy socialization class.
- German Shepherds love to chew furniture, pillows, shoes, carpets, toys, boxes, etc. Need not be aggressive as this is a normal puppy behavior and you need to teach your shepherd to use his mouth properly.
- Take your dog out every few hours and introduce him to its potty place. Potty training your puppy the right way is very important.
- Motivate your puppy to do something and use its favorite things as rewards. Know what your puppy likes the most and use it as a reward to motivate your puppy. Food is the basic thing that every dog loves, and you can definitely take its help.
- Don't show aggression to your puppy. Yelling at him does nothing but initiates aggression in him too. Ignore if he does anything wrong but don't forget to reward or praise him whenever he does something right.
So, this is how you need to train your German Shepherd puppy. These tips are definitely of great help and probably will help you too!
Tip: For some cool German Shepherd print products, check our unique German Shepherd collection.
Image courtesy: https://www.hoa.africom.mil/image/5181/cjtf-hoa-photo