We are all fond of pets, well, if not all most of us surely are. Especially when it comes to bringing home a new puppy, the excitement reaches the ceilings. We are at a loss of words to describe the same. However, we are always wondering what are the changes we need to install to welcome the new baby home.
But, what tends to escape our minds is whether we have the place and the lifestyle to keep the pet we are trying to bring in.
An Australian shepherd is one such dog, that you need to prepare yourself and your place for. In case you are someone who is very fond of an Australian shepherd, here are a few guidelines to know if you are the right parent for one to stay with you.
What are the restrictions or reasons to adopt an Australian shepherd?
There is a difference between buying a new dog and adopting one. If you are adopting from a rescue shelter, there are a few amenities that you need to be sure of, if you want to bring it home as a pet.
Not just for looks:
- They are amazing when it come to looks. They are available in different colours and it can easily lure you towards itself. They are cute and that is just a bonus.
- They are more than just their looks though. They can be very good guard dogs and can be your best friend as well. They are stout, courageous, and very intelligent.
Giving it time:
- If you are busy and barely get time for your own self or to look after your household, it is advisable not to take the responsibility of an Australian shepherd. They need a lot of care and it is not possible to leave it alone and go on with your life.
- You need to ensure proper time and attention are given to them as they need utmost care and love and can be really unhappy if not provided with the same.
Ensure proper grooming:
- They need proper guidance to become a good well-trained dog and it totally depends upon the owners to treat them right.
- A lovely cute Aussie grows into a stout and powerful adult. So, it is necessary to train them good to make them a disciplined dog and not a rowdy one, scaring people and family members away.
These are some of the guidelines to adopt an Australian shepherd. If you are not ready for the situations you are going to face with this baby at home, you can check out other breeds as Australian shepherds need their own space and people.
Tip: For some cool Boxer print products, check our unique Australian Shepherd collection.
Image courtesy: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bantam10/5562480206