If you're a dog lover, you must have been confused about which dog to buy and which will suit your lifestyle the best. The most difficult choice to make is between a Labrador retriever and a beagle. Both have a lot in similar and yet differ from one another. Here's everything discussed below:
Description of the two breeds
- Labrador Retrievers perform as of service for hunters, police officers and physically challenged.
- They are very energetic and always found to be involved in some kind of physical activity.
- Labrador Retriever is an athletic dog.
- They are very affectionate to people and be friends very quickly and easily.
- They take their training seriously and once trained, they use their potential to perform several tasks.
- Labrador Retrievers make the perfect companion.
- Beagles are very intelligent despite the fact that they are hard to train.
- The breed is of very family friendly nature and takes no time to come to its playful version.
- A beagle is very energetic and loves to go for walks, jogs, and even car rides.
- A perfect pet for apartment and novice owners.
- These are small to medium size dogs with very appealing and cute looking physical features like eyes, ears and wagging tail.
Labrador Retrieves vs Beagles
- On the basis of size
Beagles are small and medium-sized dogs with a height of 13 to 15 inches and a weight of approximately 20 lbs. On the other hand, Labrador Retrievers are large dogs that stand 21 to 25 inches tall with an approximate weight of 55 to 80 lbs.
- On the basis of shedding and grooming
Both Labrador retrievers and beagles have a short and thick double layer coat. Also, both of them shed year-round, especially during the spring season, when the shedding of heavy winter coat takes place.
- On the basis of personality and temperaments
Labrador Retrievers are very affectionate and have a very friendly personality. This is what keeps them at the top as a family pet.
Although beagles are also friendly dogs, they barely meet a stranger. They love another dog's companion but don't mix that well with someone they don't know. However, they love kids.
Both the breeds crave a lot of attention, interaction affection and play time. None of them can tolerate being alone.
These are the difference you can refer to, for making a good choice for the breed that you should choose.
Tip: For some cool Beagle print products, check our unique Beagle collection.
Image courtesy: https://www.maxpixel.net/Puppy-Dog-Friend-Company-Cute-Animal-Beagle-Pet-3439238