Not too friendly or cool around the family, the Australian cattle dogs are never recommended for new parents or the inexperienced owners. It is not possible to handle the breed if the people are not used to keeping pets at home. The boxers are both friendly and mature and even though are not recommended to be first pets either; they are still easier to handle than the Australian cattle dogs are. If you are trying to pet a puppy, it is advisable to go through the article to know about the basic similarities and differences between the two.
How do we compare between a boxer and an Australian cattle dog?
Both the breeds make good pets but for people who have the experience of handling dogs on a prior basis. They are quite different from one another yet have certain similar features at the same time. Here are a complete view and structure of the same.
- The Australian cattle dog is highly not recommendable for the new pet owners due to the inexperience. It is not possible to cope with the temperament of this breed. The boxers too are quite energetic ones and not too very worthy of a recommendation to be the first pet, but people determined to take a chance can give it a try unlike in the case of Australian cattle dogs.
- The boxers are very affectionate and very loyal and protective of the children and the babies of the house. The Australian cattle dog is friendly but somewhat arrogant at the same time.
- Both the dogs need grooming, and this can take quite some time. However, the Australian cattle dog still take a bit of less time to get groomed and accustomed to the habitat and the lifestyle of the household. The training period too is extensive for both. The boxers are the time takers when it comes to grooming.
- The Australian cattle dogs are not at all friendly with other pets whereas boxers are somewhat to moderately friendly with other pets if introduced to them since their puppyhood.
- The Australian cattle dogs are very jealous pets while the boxers are always affectionate and willing to please the owners in some way or the other.
With so many differences and similarities, they make good pets and are stout and confident about their actions. However, the boxers are still okay to be kept in apartments while if you plan to own an Australian cattle dog, you must keep them in a house with a garden or a backyard with a sprawling space, big enough for them to frolic about.
Tip: For some cool Boxer print products, check our unique boxer collection.
Image courtesy: https://pixabay.com/photos/boxer-dog-pet-animal-puppy-1277804/