Just liking a dog's appearance is not enough to own it. Knowing the temperaments of a breed is as important as its appearance.
You need to choose a breed that suits your lifestyle and is a loving family pet. Although both the breeds in the discussion have proved to be a perfect family member yet we discuss the similarities, differences and descriptions of both of them.
Description of Both the Breeds
- Pugs are known as the clowns of the canine world as they have a great sense of humor and they show it off very beautifully.
- They are sturdy and compact dogs.
- They are incredibly kid-friendly dogs and are highly affectionate with their owners and family.
- Pugs are very friendly with dogs and also become friends with strangers in no time.
- They are the perfect breed for novice owners as they adapt well to apartment living.
- The breed cannot tolerate being alone.
- Pugs cannot tolerate too hot weather condition whereas they enjoy cold weather, but only up to a certain extent.
- These are medium-sized dogs with short hair.
- The breed can easily hunt large prey with the help of their extra powerful jaws.
- Boxers are very playful and highly energetic. This is why they belong to the working group.
- As they are full of energy, they are highly alert all the time. Thus, the breed makes the perfect watchdog.
- They are very friendly, loving and loyal breed.
Pugs vs Boxers
- On the basis of Size
Pugs are small companion dogs with a height of 10 inches to a foot and weigh between 14 to 18 pounds. The breed is highly prone to obesity.
Boxers are medium size dogs with a height of 22 to 25 inches. The breed has an average weight of 59 to 71 pounds.
- On the basis of Grooming Needs
Both pugs and boxers have short hair indicating that a small amount of grooming would do for both.
- Pug goes through a lot of shedding and requires little extra grooming as compared to boxers.
- A quick brushing every 3 to 5 days to remove loose hair would do for boxers.
- A boxer prefers living in a warm place whereas a pug enjoys cold weather conditions more than warm places.
We've mentioned the characteristics, similarities and differences of both the breeds. Now choosing one breed over another is totally your call!
Tip: For some cool pug print products, check our unique pug collection.
Image courtesy: https://www.pexels.com/photo/adorable-animal-breed-canine-374906/